Elora explains the different professions
How can I make money from home?
19 OCTOBER 2022
Are you wondering how to make money from home? There are several avenues to explore. First of all, you can become a home-based salesperson. Among other things, you can sell clothes at dedicated meetings. Another popular solution is to sell clothes you no longer wear on the Internet. Women only wear 20% of their wardrobe, and the rest is gathering dust in their wardrobes. Instead of letting these clothes deteriorate uselessly over time, it's better to turn them into money that can be put to good use.
If social networking is your passion, you can also go professional by becoming a fashion influencer. This involves showcasing fashion items through beautiful images and videos.
The last avenue to explore for making money from home is to rent out the beautiful clothes you don't wear online. Whether it's because you don't like them any more or because they no longer fit, it's a shame to leave them at the back of the wardrobe. Other people could really enjoy them and they could have better days!
Whether online or offline, each of the ways of making money from home has its advantages and disadvantages. Take the time you need to choose the option or options best suited to your desires, your skills, your free time and the logistics associated with the activity.
Becoming a home sales assistant
If you like contact with people and enjoy selling, you could consider selling products from home as a VDI. How does it work? What are the key facts you need to know about this profession ?
- Door-to-door salespeople (or VDIs) choose a brand specialising in this type of sale to work with. They exist in a wide range of sectors, such as fashion (as is the case with Elora), beauty, jewellery, cleaning products, kitchen equipment, food products, etc.
- The saleswomen receive training and courses on the brand and its specific features. It can be interesting to take part in meetings with more experienced sales assistants to get a better idea of the business.
- VDIs start their business and organise meetings in their own homes or in the homes of hostesses. At these meetings, they present a wide range of products and advise customers on their body shape, colour and style.
- After the meetings, the door-to-door saleswomen collect the orders from the guests.
- They manage the receipt of orders and provide customer service.
- The work of door-to-door sales assistants doesn't stop after the meeting. They must then maintaining customer relations through newsletters, a blog and social networks. Prospecting within your network is also essential to find new hostesses for your meetings.
Le vDI status offers great freedom. You can work full-time as a home-based sales assistant or part-time to supplement your income.
Here are a few tips on how to succeed in this sector and earn money from home as a sales assistant:
- Good interpersonal skills ;
- Listen carefully to advise customers;
- Communicating well with clients before and during meetings ;
- Maintain customer relations over the long term ;
- Good organisational skills and autonomy ;
- Love fashion and monitor fashion trends online ;
- Choose a brand that you like and that is in line with your values. At Elora, for example, many VDIs appreciate our eco-responsible clothing.
> Read also : How does a special fashion home sale work ?
Good to know
The company or companies you work with should not ask you for a financial contribution to start up your business. Choose transparent brands that play by the rules.
Sell the clothes you no longer wear
Do you have a lot of clothes that you no longer wear and don't know what to do with them? By selling them on the Internet, you can easily earn money from the comfort of your own home. To do this, you can use specialist online platforms such as Vinted, Vide-dressing, Vestiaire collective, Leboncoin, or marketplaces such as the Facebook application.
For the most part, they make it easy to communicate with potential customers living in the four corners of France and to manage payments. Some platforms also allow you to print out delivery notes to facilitate the transaction between seller and buyer.
Another option, this time offline, is to visit shops selling second-hand clothes, such as second-hand shops or thrift stores.
As well as making money, selling clothes on the Internet has other advantages:
- Help reduce consumption of new clothing ;
- Contribute to limiting the waste of resources ;
- Avoid throwing away clothes that can still be used ;
- Declutter your dressing room.
Tips for selling old clothes successfully :
- Only sell fashion items in excellent condition, to increase customer satisfaction and get good reviews. Good reviews are an excellent showcase for your business and can increase the confidence of Internet users in you.
- Publish polished photos to entice potential customers. For example, you need to remove the wrinkles from the clothes and take photos of them in a well-lit area.
- Give a precise description of each item to avoid solicitations (brand, size, colour, length, state of wear, any defects, etc.).
- Sell at the right price! To find out what price to charge, take a look at the prices offered for similar products on the various online sales platforms.
- Respond quickly to questions from potential buyers.
- Propose promotional offers, such as a discount for the purchase of several items of clothing or accessories.
- Look after the packaging of your products.
- Avoid long delivery times for parcels.
Good to know
Most of the platforms available inform the tax authorities of the profits made from selling clothes online. For individuals, the limit is set at €5,000 per household per year.
Become a fashion influencer
If you're wondering how to make money from home and if you've got a creative streak in you, becoming a fashion influencer could be an interesting option. This job involves producing fashion-related content, usually photos, videos and/or blog posts, with a view to receiving remuneration. The visuals can be produced at home or in any other location chosen by the influencer.
In these photos and videos, the fashion influencer showcases the clothes, accessories and shoes she likes. It acts as a real trendsetter. Many brands have been working with fashion influencers for some years now.
There are various ways of making money on the Internet as a fashion influencer:
- Create brand-sponsored content (video, blog articles, photos) under annual or one-off contracts.
- Integrate ads that are triggered before or during a video.
- Share affiliate links. These enable influencers to receive commission if people buy products via links they share on social networks or their blog.
- Advertising inserts on a site or blog.
Most fashion influencers combine several means of remuneration in order to increase the amount of money they earn. It's also worth noting that not all influencers are in the same boat. The most popular profiles are paid more. Another thing to be aware of is that income from fashion influencers is not always regular. It can vary from month to month.
The prerequisites for becoming a fashion influencer :
- Have a good audience on successful online platforms such as Instagram, TikTok or YouTube, and a good rate of engagement.
- An interest in photography and video.
- Don't hesitate to approach brands with a media kit.
- Perseverance, because being an influencer requires long-term motivation. The first euros can sometimes be a long time coming.
Another way of earning money from home that is becoming increasingly popular is by renting clothes over the Internet. The principle:
- Register clothes that you don't wear much (or at all) on one or more dedicated online platforms.
- The clothes are then made available to visitors to the sites.
- Visitors can rent clothes for a given period, in return for payment. Some rental sites also offer subscriptions to fashion-conscious web users.
This sales method requires very little investment. All you have to do is select the garments, send them off and then ask for your winnings to be paid.
Here are some tips and information you should know:
- Favour online platforms that store the clothes and take care of shipping and cleaning the fashion item for each rental. In exchange, they take a commission for each transaction.
- The platforms generally only accept clothes in excellent condition and prefer recognised brands. One of the best ways to rent out your clothes? Clothing for special occasions (weddings, christenings, galas, business events) and bags.
- Renting out clothes on websites is often a sideline. Unless you have a huge dressing room, it's difficult to offer enough clothes and accessories for hire to make it your main source of income.
With all these suggestions, you now have all the answers to your question: "How can I make money from home? Now all you have to do is choose the method that best suits your profile and your desires to try and earn euros from home. Online or offline, part-time or full-time: it's up to you !
Our other articles
11 January 2024Home sales
Votre emploi actuel ne vous permet pas de gagner assez d'argent pour mener une vie stable et...Read this article
29 December 2023Home sales
Vous courez chaque mois après quelques centaines d'euros et vous cherchez activement