What to wear for the festive season
10 ideas for festive looks
07 DECEMBER 2023
If you're one of the 91% of French people who celebrate Christmas, you're probably looking for your special festive outfit! But how do you dress for the end of the year? It's THE time to dare all kinds of looks, from the brightest to the most chic. So before you dig into your foie gras, salmon and other delicacies, let's discover the dress code to adopt to celebrate the festive season.
Our looks for New Year's Eve with family and friends
If you're spending Christmas Eve with family and/or friends, surrounded by several generations or several personalities, sobriety and elegance are the order of the day. Opting for a sexy outfit may not be the idea of the century!
Luckily, Elora thinks of everything. Whether you want to be sober, colourful or comfortable (so you don't have to remove a button from your trousers at the end of the meal), we've got the look for you.
- Sober and chic:
To keep your festive celebrations simple, without overdoing it, you can opt for 2 different styles.
- La little black dress with balloon sleeves, shiny details and recycled polyester for an eco-friendly Christmas! Paired with fancy tights and a colourful bag to add a bit of pizzazz, this little straight-cut dress is sure to make an impact!
- The famous trouser suit, a classic in our wardrobes for several seasons and as famous as the little black dress. For a sober look, choose our famoussuit jacket with chic colours and refined details. Forget the strict, old-fashioned look of suit jackets, we're offering you a collarless revisit fastened with a jewelled button.
Tune it with itsmatching trousers and a slim fit, for a flawless look with perfect finishing touches. But let's add a little light and originality with agreen and ochre printed blouse embellished with gold thread and small ruffles.
- Glamour and colour:
Want to stand out from the crowd? With bright, warm colours and sexy fabrics, we've got you covered for a glamorous party look!
- A jumper that's both warm in its material and sexy in its colour - we're talking, of course, about ourfamous jumper waistcoat with balloon sleeves. You'll probably wear it every day, but for a glamorous party look, choose to match it with a more chic fabric like faux leather with our famous mini skirt. Add a touch of originality by choosingfancy fishnet tights mixed with a floral-inspired pattern, for elegant legs to die for!
- A different atmosphere for this second Christmas look, but still withimitation leather, this season's star material. Choose mahogany shades to colour your outfit and wear your best paisley chèche as a poncho.
- Light and warm :
Let's face it, it can be just as good to choose a festive outfit that you're comfortable in, especially at mealtimes! The solution? A dress, long or short depending on your preference, with floral or paisley motifs, you're bound to find the rare pearl to shine with your family or friends! With their autumnal colours and lurex threads, they'll be perfect for the occasion.
Christmas for two: 2 outfits to make you look your best
This year, you've decided to have a romantic Christmas. You have two options: opt for sensuality and glamour, or go for casual chic and stay cosy at home.
- For the 'party comfy' option, but with a bit of glitter (yes, it's still Christmas), we recommend you opt for the lightweight blouse with metallic threads, it's all transparent. Steamy and feminine, it will be a great addition to your romantic New Year's Eve meal.
What about New Year's Day? What outfit should you wear at the end of the year?
Don't panic, we've got the solution too! It's time to bring out the glitter and your most chic outfits. If you're going to make good resolutions, you might as well make them well-dressed, don't you think?
- Velvet, leather and silver - any combination is possible for your festive look.
A rock'n'roll outfit, with a black velvet jacket with floral motif, asilver top which brings light and femininity thanks to the butterfly sleeves, and the famousimitation leather trousers which will break up this New Year's Day outfit by adding a rock edge.
- Looking for a 2-in-1 outfit? Choose the trompe l'oeil version of the trouser suit, with its very chic printed top encrusted with gold polka dots and plain black belted bottom, for a guaranteed chic effect on the dancefloor!
What shoes to wear for the festive season?
Of course, Christmas and New Year's Day are the perfect occasions to match your outfits with your best shoes.
Classic and always chic, the pump will be your ally and will sublimate your outfits, whatever your choice. For those who don't feel comfortable wearing them every day, now's the time to get them out of the cupboard - they'll be perfect for nibbling on petits fours!
Still shy of heels? No problem, you can opt for ankle boots, which are generally lower and more comfortable, in black and suede, they're just as elegant, and will go with all your year-end looks.
If New Year's Eve means zero heels for you, opt for moccasins! Classic black, patent or even sequined, you can make the most of this accessory and make it the star of your outfit, without neglecting your elegance.
Have you fallen in love with our selection of festive looks?
The end-of-year festivities are all about conviviality. So why not take the opportunity to organisea home meeting with one of our Personal Stylists? Get together with your friends to choose your light outfits, benefit from personalised advice and enjoy a pleasant shopping experience in your own home!
If you're short of gift ideas, whether for yourself or your loved ones, a gift card is always a good solution! Here's a great idea to put under the Christmas tree, to discover or help others discover the Elora brand.Contact the advisor nearest you.